Thank you to all that attended the first ever Mid-Michigan Testers Meet Down and made it a success!
We had 5 great Lightning Talks:
- Phil Kirkham (@pkirkham) with Value – And Cost – Of A Good Tester
- Erik Davis (@erikld) on Starting a User’s Group (Which I haven’t really yet.)
- Jess Lancaster with Testing in Education
- Wade Stevens (@gelgamek) on Lean Defect Reporting
- Clint Hoagland (@vsComputer) with From Waterfragile Toward Agile: Lessons Learned On An Evolving Team
And then a game of Battleship with Matt Heusser (@mheusser), giving us all something to think about with regards to the cost vs. benefit of automation.
A recap of the announcements slide:
- TUGSEM Tester User Group SE Michigan
- 4th Wednesday of each month; first meeting March 27, 6:30P
- GR Testers
- Meet each month; next one Tues 9th April – Manual v Automated Death Match
- Agile Conference, August 5-9, Nashville, TN
- TestRetreat, August 24, Madison WI
- CAST, August 26-28, Madison WI
Please watch this space, or follow us on twitter @MITestersMeet, for the possible next MMTMD!
Hilary Weaver (@g33klady)
Matt Heusser (@mheusser)
Phil Kirkham (@pkirkham)